Friday, May 2, 2008

Horace Goodspeed


"I'm not making much sense to you right now, am I? That's probably because I've been dead for 12 years." Have we seen our first real look at Jacob? The promos for next week gave us a sneak peek at a Locke-centric episode in which we see a character the blogs state is Horace Goodspeed. Speculation about him is abundant, with some calling him Jacob and others saying he is from "The Purge." One of the pics I saw of him, he had a bloody nose, much like those who are affected by "the sickness" of time travel. Perhaps he was a member of Rousseau's crew?? Whoever he is, it will be a great episode for sure!!
So, Jack has an appendectomy performed by Juliette; Kate and Jack are "chummy" in the flash forward, to say the least; and Claire mysteriously disappears into the jungle with dear ole' dad. Hurley delivers a creepy message to FF Jack from Charlie stating that he is not supposed to raise Aaron. Kate does a "favor" for Sawyer in the FF and this tips Jack over the edge of his already paranoid mind. This is obviously at least part of the reason for his broken-man appearance in last year's season finale. One of the most interesting things I found about last night's episode was something Rose said. "People don't get sick on this island, they get better." Why did Jack get sick??? Rose and Bernard were awesome last night IMHO. Can't wait for next week. If I find any more good stuff, I'll be sure to post. BTW, a funny side note I found this morning...Horace Goodspeed can be an anagram for Escaped Good Hero...so maybe he is on "our" side. :D

1 comment:

Tearz said...

I have been waiting all morning for your post. Thank you for the explaining. As you know, I sat dazed and confused at the end of the show. Thank goodness for you!