Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"It's Dr. Linus actually."

As some of you may know, I have been on a 2-week hiatus from updating my blog due to my mother being called home to the Lord. It has been a tough couple of weeks, but we are making it through. I appreciate all the love and support I have received from all of my friends and family. Due to missing 2 weeks of LOST, I am going to just start my recaps with last night's episode, Dr. Linus, and continue from there. Lighthouse and Sundown were excellent episodes though. The most interesting thing I think about Sundown was seeing Jin in the freezer at the end. Very curious about his involvement with that crew.


So we start off this episode seeing Ben in the Flash Sideways teaching his history class. I have to say that I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this episode. It has confirmed my suspicion that all along Ben has been inherently a good-hearted, kind person at the depth of his soul and it was just awesome to see it finally come through.
Just as interesting in this episode was the Jack, Hurley and Richard story line. So, Jacob has given each of those he touched a gift...much like I had suggested back in my blog post about Touched By An Angel. Does this mean that all 6 of the candidates can no longer age such as Richard? Also, what did Richard mean when he told Jack and Hurley that they would not believe where he has been? Was he in the future...in the past...or something else altogether?? It was great to see Jack grasping on to the faith that Jacob did, indeed, bring him to the island for a reason, even though he still doesn't know what that reason is. I am really liking Season 6 Jack. I can't wait for the Richard-centric episode as I think we will see him in those chains he was looking at in the Black Rock.




Ilana finds out that Ben was, in fact, the one who killed Jacob; so she makes him dig his own grave. However, Flocke pops out of the jungle to offer Ben the option of coming to "the dark side" and he will give him the power over the island that Ben has always wanted. Ben decides to take that option at first, but when presented gun-to-gun with Ilana, he tells her the truth about why he killed Jacob and how he is truly sorry for it. When Ilana told Ben, "I'll have you," I have to admit I had a lump in my throat. That was just awesome to see Ben finally being redeemed and forgiven for the things he had done.


This seemed to flow over into the Flash Sideways as well. Instead of being manipulative and greedy for power, Ben chooses to let it all go for the good of Alex. I loved seeing how Ben's scale was tipped from dark to light in this episode. It makes me think that all of them have the option of making their scale tip, just as each of us, depending on the choices we make in our own lives.



The reunion at the beach at the end of the episode was so reminiscent of Season 1 episodes, that it had me tearing up. Sun finally seeing Jack and Hurley again, with renewed hope to see Jin again; Jack and Lapidus; Hurley and Miles and even Jack and Ben giving each other that small acknowledging look at the end. It was just awesome and I love how this final season is going!!!
So lets look at the sides.


Team Jack consists of Lapidus, Miles, Hurley, Sun, Ilana, Richard and Ben. Team Flocke consists of Sayid, Claire, Sawyer, Kate and everyone else left over from The Temple. So which side would you be on??? I'm still with Team Jacob. I still feel he is the good guy.

And finally.....



"There are people on the beach." Widmore is back. Is he the man that Jacob wanted Hurley to help bring to the island?? Or is there possibly someone else in the submarine with Widmore?? Someone by the name of......Desmond??? :) I'm hoping so!!!
***********SPOILERS***********SPOILERS***************SPOILERS
A sneak peek of next week's episode...Recon.



1 comment:

SDS said...

Hey Karen :)

Thanks for your comment about the LBC - we would love to have you on board! Just so you know, we're never bothered about having to take part EVERY week, so don't worry about that :)

Send me an email and I'll tell you this week's questions so you can join in ^_^

- Chris
- superduperstream.blogspot.com
- lostquestions23@gmail.com