Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Embracing the challenge

Well, as most of you know, I had a recent accident with my camera and my beloved friend is gone. This has forced me to once again turn to my point and shoot for the time being until I can save up the money to get another (upgraded) camera. In any case, I decided to embrace the challenge of going back to my PNS and took a few shots with it today. I was surprised to see that it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I managed to doctor them up some in Photoshop. My Kodak EasyShare (6.1 MP...yes, I said 6.1) actually has some manual functions on it. I can adjust the aperture, shutter speed and ISO (100, 200 and 400 only). The aperture surprisingly goes down to 2.8 and I can adjust the Exp. Comp. in Priority mode. Who knew??? It was interesting to see so many options that I didn't know existed. In any case, here they are. BTW, I shot the B&W in B&W mode on the camera...again, who knew???




On another note, I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time in losing my sister-in-law. Tina was truly loved and will be truly missed.

2 comments:

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

those are great karen, and so amazing how much those camera's can do!! which upgrade are you going to get??

Karen said...

Thanks Shannon. I'm trying to decide between the XTi1 or the 50D. That will probably be my price range. Although, I would love to talk my husband into getting me the new 7D.